Measles has surged back in Europe, while whooping cough is has become a problem here in the U.S.
Childhood immunization rates plummeted in parts of Europe and the U.K. after a 1998 study falsely claimed that the vaccine for measles, mumps and rubella was linked to autism.
That study has since been found to be fraudulent. But fears about vaccine safety have stuck around in Europe and here in the U.S.
NPR maps the resurgence of preventable diseases due to public ignorance and lamentable misinformation about vaccines.
Pair with Bill Gates on vaccines, animated.
(Source: explore-blog, via finitedreamer)
3:33 pm • 6 March 2014 • 19,875 notes
A woman is like a tea bag - you can’t tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Welcome to Women’s History Month
2:34 pm • 6 March 2014 • 42,161 notes
Females grow pubic hair
Not all labias are symmetrical
Big clitorises are not unnatural
Vaginal secretions exist outside of sexual arousal
These secretions have a smell
Some more pungent than others
The female reproductive system is not dirty
The female body can be hairy and a bit smelly and it will appear different for everyone
And that’s okay
file under: shit i was not taught in school but fuck i wish it was
2:34 pm • 6 March 2014 • 78,777 notes
1. Contrary to popular belief, waking up early isn’t going to drastically alter your life or effect how you’re feeling. So sleep till noon and relish in the way laying in bed all day makes you feel a little more human.
2. Drinking your coffee ‘black’ doesn’t make you cooler or more sophisticated than the rest of us who load in milk and sugar.
3. Being unimpressed by everything makes you look like a twat. Get excited, be overly passionate about something. Enthusiasm is fun.
4. Hating yourself isn’t romantic.
5. Eat whatever you want. your friend’s a vegan? Awesome. Listen to her talk about how great she feels because of it while you tuck in to some chocolate cake. Tell her you feel just as great.
— More Reminders- Charlotte Geier (via thewastedgeneration)
(Source: my-h-e-a-r-t-s-not-in-it, via goodvibessimpleton)
2:36 am • 5 March 2014 • 120,292 notes
I’m so fancy, can’t you taste this gold?
Remember my name, bout to blow.
(Source: kate-mara, via kristenwiiggle)
1:25 am • 5 March 2014 • 702 notes